New Preview Alpha 1804 System Update – 3/1/18
Starting at 6 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Update Alpha ring will begin receiving the latest Xbox One system update (1804.180227-1801). This update includes brand new features as detailed in our earlier post. Read on to learn more about fixes and known issues in the latest system update.
- Fixed several issues to improve the reliability and usability of game installations, updates, and content management.
- Fixed an issue which impacted transferring content between drives.
- Enabling the download 4K updates checkbox will now cause 4K updates to show up in the Updates tab of My games & apps.
- Fixed an issue where installations interrupted due to slow network conditions could fail to automatically resume.
- Fixed an issue where a “You need to free up space” dialog was displaying too often.
- Fixed a bug where all items in the install Queue could show as “Queued” without making progress.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused an incorrect Profile color to be used when powering on the console.
- When resuming from connected standby (with the console in Instant-On mode), you may encounter a black screen on the TV or monitor. You can avoid this issue by powering on the console prior to powering on the TV or monitor.
- Workaround 1: If stuck in this state, unplug and reinsert the HDMI cord into the back of the console, then power the TV off/on.
- Workaround 2: Disable IR blasting in Settings to prevent this issue from reoccurring.
- When installing a system update, you may encounter an E200 error at the last stage of the installation.
- Workaround: Unplug and re-plug the power cord, then power on the console normally—the console should go through the standard start up sequence and land on the dashboard.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will fail.
- Workaround: Delete the old Microsoft Edge pin and re-pin Microsoft Edge.
- You may notice audio drops in receivers using Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.
- If Netflix crashes when first launched, check for an app update on the Store or from My games & apps.
- If HBO GO crashes when first launched, check for an app update on the Store or from My games & apps.
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- When browsing Add-Ons in the Store, the Show All page may appear blank
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.